Photo of Mark S. Swan

Effective solutions for debt collection, disputes and other business law issues.

  1. Home
  2.  » Legal Help For Landlords

The Legal Help You Need As A Landlord

Utah has complex and strict laws that apply to your rights and obligations as a commercial or residential landlord. In Salt Lake City, I will help you understand what is at stake and work with you to create a strategy that fits with your business’s long-term financial goals.

Need to evict a tenant? I can help you avoid common pitfalls and protect your business. With more than three decades of business, accounting and real estate law experience, I offer straightforward advice, realistic outcomes and attainable goals.

The Experienced Help You Need

Dealing with tenant issues can deplete your business of valuable time and financial resources. An intermediary can often create a favorable amendable agreement that may not have been previously considered. I can help your business:

  • Lease commercial property
  • Process legal eviction, including constructive evictions
  • Resolve commercial tenant issues, including abandonment and bankruptcy
  • Refinance commercial property
  • Create, understand, enforce or modify leases that involve promissory notes or secured or unsecured loans

Can You Evict A Tenant Who Has Filed For Bankruptcy?

The answer varies on the specific situation, including the type of bankruptcy the tenant filed, the status of the filing, whether the tenant is in default and whether the tenant intends to assume or reject the lease. I have handled numerous cases such as these, and I understand their challenges and the best path for resolution.

Your Attorney For Commercial Leasing

Commercial leases best serve your goals when they are professionally drafted. I will work with you to explain all of your rights and obligations. I also review and modify existing commercial leases to ensure your rights are protected.

Help For Out-Of-State Clients

Do you own a commercial property in Utah? For an immediate response to your concerns, whether it be funding issues, transactional work or dealing with tenants, call Swan Law Firm. I regularly assist out-of-state companies with issues in the extended Salt Lake City area.

From negotiation to litigation, I provide experienced, no-nonsense legal guidance to commercial landlords. Contact me online today or call 801-736-7222 for more information about how I can assist with your issue.